Kulik to hold House Democratic Policy Committee hearing Thursday in Carnegie on Women in Business
CARNEGIE, Oct. 9 – State Rep. Anita Kulik, D-Allegheny, announced today that she will host a House Democratic Policy Committee public hearing on women in business and how they fared through the COVID-19 pandemic.
The hearing will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 15 at the Andrew Carnegie Free Library and Music Hall, 300 Beechwood Ave. The public also may watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
Requested by Kulik, the hearing will feature testimony from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and local businesswomen about their experiences. She will be joined by HDPC Chair Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, and other committee members.
Testifiers will include:
- Carol Kilko, deputy secretary for business finance, DCED.
- Eva Trout, artist and owner, Firebox Art Studio.
- Tammy Bellotti, travel agent and owner, Magical Moments Vacations.
- Marianne Skiba, Emmy-winning makeup artist and owner, Glam Earth.
- Tiffany Battaglini, insurance agent and agency owner, Erie Insurance.
- Kanak Iyer, owner, Kanakadhara Financial Enterprises LLC.
- Coleen Melani Baldwin, owner, Tootsie’s Diner.
Following the hearing, testimonies and full hearing video will be posted at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.
Media coverage is invited