House Democratic Policy Committee to hold public hearing on reopening PA schools Tuesday in Capitol
HARRISBURG, June 27 –State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the PA House Democratic Policy Committee will hold a public hearing on reopening Pennsylvania schools.
The hearing will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday, June 30 in Room G-50 Irvis Office Building in Harrisburg. The media and public are invited to attend or watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
The hearing will feature testimony from the Pennsylvania Department of Education and Mathematica about its recent research report that provides guidance for reopening schools. Sturla, who is chairman of the House Democratic Policy Committee, will be joined by other committee members in person and virtually.
Testifiers will include:
- Matthew Stem, deputy secretary for elementary and secondary education, Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Dr. Brian Gill, senior fellow, Mathematica
- Dr. Art Levinowitz, school director of Upper Dublin School District and representative for the Pennsylvania School Boards Association.
- Dr. Shane Hotchkiss, superintendent of Bermudian Springs School District and representative for the Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators.
- Aaron Chapin, vice president, Pennsylvania State Education Association.
For more information about the Policy Committee and copies of testimony, go to www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.