Malagari to host policy hearing on transportation infrastructure Wednesday in Souderton
SOUDERTON, Aug. 9 – State Rep. Steve Malagari, D-Montgomery, announced today he will hold a House Democratic Policy Committee hearing next week on transportation infrastructure.
The hearing is scheduled for noon, Aug. 14 at Souderton Borough Hall, 31 W. Summit St., in Souderton. Media and the public are invited to attend.
Malagari requested the hearing to discuss ways to improve transportation infrastructure for Pennsylvania. He will be joined by fellow state legislators, including Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster.
Testifiers will include:
- Jeffrey Knueppel, general manager, SEPTA.
- Kenneth McClain, District 6 executive, PennDOT.
- Chris Fazio, principal and executive VP, Remington & Vernick Engineers.
- A representative from Partnership TMA.
- Officials from Hatfield Borough, Lansdale Borough and Telford Borough.
This hearing is among a series being held across the state on House Democrats’ Plan4PA, focused on putting people first by growing good jobs, providing health care access, creating quality schools and providing training for jobs in a fair economy. More information about the plan is available at www.plan4pa.com and hearing materials are at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.